Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance (HPCA) is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of prostate cancer and providing a free counselling service to affected men and their families.
The organisation was established in 2007 to assist individuals, couples and families with information about prostate cancer.
Our threefold objective is to:
- Raise awareness of prostate cancer, through workplace presentations and community events.
- Encourage early detection, through a simple blood test called PSA which may, with further testing, enable an early diagnosis of prostate cancer, thus increasing the likelihood of a full cure.
- Provide a free counselling service and support for men and their families who are facing a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
- To provide a range of quality services relevant to community needs, that aim to empower people to live and relate more effectively.
- Empower people to meet life’s challenges
- Respond to the needs of our community, especially those at risk
- Provide high quality, caring and accessible services