Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance (HPCA) is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of prostate cancer and providing a free counselling service to affected men and their families.
The organisation was established in 2007 to assist individuals, couples and families with information about prostate cancer. We have a threefold aim.
Our threefold objective is to:
- Raise awareness of prostate cancer, through workplace presentations and community events.
- Encourage early detection, through a simple blood test called PSA which may, with further testing, enable an early diagnosis of prostate cancer, thus increasing the likelihood of a full cure.
- Provide a free counselling service and support for men and their families who are facing a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
- To provide a range of quality services relevant to community needs, that aim to empower people to live and relate more effectively.
- Empower people to meet life’s challenges
- Respond to the needs of our community, especially those at risk
- Provide high quality, caring and accessible services